Stage 2 - First Day Contact
Stage 2 – First Day Contact
Here at Millbrook, we have a robust understanding of our pupils and families.
We have used this knowledge and an agreed criteria to create priority groups which inform a first
day RAG (Red, Amber, Green) tiered response system
The GREEN and AMBER process is as follows:
- on the first morning of an absence, where no contact is received from the parents/carers of an absent pupil we will follow ‘first day contact’ procedures and contact the parent by telephone.
The RED process is as follows:
- A phone call to be made by 10am
- Attendance officer to run ‘Commented Attendance Report’ at 10.05am and to start home visits.
- Home visits to be completed by 11:45am
The following criteria will be used alongside professional judgement to define the RAG ratings of our pupils.
Authorisation from the headteacher must be gained when considering moving students from red criteria down to green.
** Use LA threshold guidance and ensure all associated professionals are aware.
Daily attendance RAG review meeting will be held at 10.30am with the Headteacher, Deputy DSL, and Attendance Lead to assess safeguarding risk and escalate as required.
*KIT= Keeping in touch visits
- Parents are requested to call school every day of absence.
- Parental failure to contact school will result in phone calls being made every day of absence. Absence days will be recorded cumulatively, and RAG rules applied.
- Note: The exception to this is the 48hrs recovery period for sickness, however, if it is felt that it is appropriate to call on the second day, a call will be made to promote attendance on the third day