At Millbrook Primary School and Nursery, we strongly advocate inclusion and equalisation of opportunity for all. To do this, we promote personal wellbeing and development through our comprehensive, balanced, and diverse curriculum offer. This subject area gives young people the knowledge, understanding, attitudes and practical skills to live safe, healthy, productive lives and meet their full potential.
The aims of relationships and sex education (RSE) at our school are to:
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
- Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Create a positive culture around the issues of sexuality and relationships
- Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
- Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene