The Role of the Class Teacher
Consistency of attendance reporting is helped when the class teachers liaise with the administrative staff.
- Every group should be registered by their teacher.
- Teachers should complete this registration at the beginning of each session
- Teachers, when necessary, should inform the attendance Administrator or NAP of a “suspicious” absence.
Staff with attendance responsibilities will have regular discussions with the Nominated Attendance Person to develop appropriate strategies to encourage and promote improved school attendance and agree the following:-
- the way in which the school will work with, and support, a pupil whose attendance is poor
- how the school and their NAP/EWO will approach and seek to work with the family of the poor attender, and
- ensuring that the school is offering appropriate early help and support to the family.