CiC LAC PLAC
Statement of intent
Educational achievement and subsequent life chances for looked after and previously looked after children are of a real concern. Pupils who are looked after and previously looked after require special treatment and additional attention in order to improve their outcomes.
Millbrook Primary School endeavours to provide positive experiences and offer stability, safety, and individual care and attention, for all our pupils. With this in mind, we aim to:
- Encourage pupils to reach their potential and to make good progress in relation to their professional, social and emotional development.
- Ensure that pupils enjoy high quality teaching and a curriculum which meets their needs and the requirements of legislation.
- Plan support for looked after and previously looked after children realistically and using the school’s resources efficiently in order to ensure the school meets their needs.
- Promote a positive culture in all aspects of school life.
- Help pupils develop their cultural, moral and social understanding.
Working with the wider corporate parenting team we will take an active role in applying the principles of good parenting by:
- Giving priority to education
- Listening to children
- Providing stability and continuity
- Taking corporate responsibility
- Promoting inclusion
- Raising standards
- Intervening early
- Promoting early years experiences and post 16 progression
- Celebrating success.
We recognise that in meeting the needs of Children in Care, we will also be providing the additional care and support many other children also need; the needs of children in care are often those of other children too.
Please read the CiC LAC PLAC Policy for further information.