Delivery expectations for teachers:
- Teachers are required to deliver RSE lessons as outlined in the Jigsaw programme.
- Teachers may adapt lesson plans and teaching materials to suit the needs of the pupils in their class, but they must not change lessons or materials without permission from the headteacher.
- Teachers must remain as facilitators throughout the sessions.
- Teachers must remain impartial during sessions so as not to unconsciously promote one way of living over another, and to remain respectful to the wishes and beliefs of all.
- Teachers and other staff members are not encouraged to share information about their personal relationships but may respond to questions asked by pupils if they feel it is appropriate to share within the context of the lesson.