This policy has been developed in consultation with staff, pupils, parents and carers. The consultation and policy development process involved the following steps:
- Review – a member of staff or working group pulled together all relevant information including relevant national and local guidance.
- Staff consultation – governors and all school staff were given the opportunity to look at the policy and make recommendations.
- Parent/stakeholder consultation – parents/carers and any interested parties were asked to view the curriculum and draft policy and provide feedback via a questionnaire. Parents/carers will be offered the opportunity to attend a meeting following the initial consultation to discuss concerns raised.
- Pupil consultation – we investigated what exactly pupils want from their RSE
- Ratification – once amendments were made, the policy was shared with governors and ratified