Millbrook Parent & Carer Committee
What is Millbrook Primary Community Committee?
MPCC is a group of volunteers made up of parents, teachers, friends, and carers of children that attend our school. The group will share their thoughts and ideas for improving our school and the experiences of our children and our community.
The primary objective of the MPCC is to raise funds for Millbrook Primary School to pay for items that the school budget doesn’t cover, such as subsidising trips and extraordinary things to improve the children’s experience.
This term we held our first Millbrook Community group meeting, it was a great success!
Parents and carers who joined the group discussed with Mrs Thomas, how the group could support the school in raising funds to enhance the opportunities all children receive during their time at Millbrook Primary School.
We discussed ideas for how the group could begin to raise money throughout the school year.
Here are some of the ideas shared.
- Advertisements and marketing in and around school; signs/noticeboards
- Connections to local businesses through sponsors
- In house football tournament
- Renting of the football pitch/School Hall to outside organisations
- Schedule of events with key dates for the academic year
Fundraising Suggestions throughout the academic year.
- Movie Night for children and families
- Cake sales
- Wear your own clothes day
- Loved ones mugs
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Class tea towels
- Summer Fair with the offer of renting stalls to outside organisations
- Year 6 Leavers Evening
- Quiz night/bingo
- Christmas cards
Actions from the meeting
- Mrs Thomas to create a schedule of events, these will be shared in the New year with parents and carers.
- Community group to promote Millbrook website and online calendar with parents and carers.
- Community group to recruit parent volunteers to help supervise events.
- Mrs Thomas to seek the interest of parents for suggested fundraising events.
Next meeting – January 2024
On Tuesday 30th January, we will be holding our 2nd Millbrook community group meeting.
We will begin at 2:15, to finish at 3:15 ready for the end of the day pick up.
It would be great to see all that attended our last meeting and new faces, who shared interest.
Some upcoming events and projects are now available to see on the 'Calendar' page.
- Movie night for Years 1,2 and 3
- Movie night for Years 4,5 and 6
- Loved ones mugs
- Mufti day
If you are interested in taking part in the Millbrook Community meeting then please get in touch via the school office.