Relationships and Sex Education Consultations
Consultation February 2021
This consultation is now open. The information collected from this consultation will be used to formulate the final RSE policy.
From the summer term 2021, it is a statutory requirement that all schools in England and Wales are teaching Relationship and Sex Education as a fundamental part of the curriculum.
As part of implementing the RSE curriculum, schools must consult with the children, parents/carers, staff and governors to ensure there is a general consensus on our approaches to policy and the curriculum content.
Millbrook Primary School and Nursery will be starting their consultation process on Friday 12th February 2021, the consultation will close on the Friday 19th March 2021.
As part of this, parents/carers, staff and governors, will be asked to read through the following documents and make comments on them. The documents that you are asked to read as part of the consultation will be –
- Consultation on Relationships and Sex Education Policy, February 2021 (Draft)
- Consultation on Relationships and Sex Education Curriculum Outlines, February 2021 (Draft)
These documents will be available to read here on the school website, or you can request printed copies from the Main Reception.
If you wish to carry out further reading around RSE, the following documents may be of use to you –
Mrs Edwards will be meeting with Safety Squad to hear the pupil voice around the new RSE curriculum as soon as it is safe to do so.
In order to provide your feedback to this consultation, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire via Microsoft Forms. This can be easily accessed on any device. For parents/carers, the link to this can be found on the school website or letter sent via the School App (governors and staff will receive a separate link via email). If you would rather have a paper copy of the consultation, please obtain a copy from the Main Reception or print one off the website.
- Have you read the Draft RSE Policy?
- Have you looked that the Curriculum Outlines for ‘Changing Me’ and ‘Relationships’?
- Having read the documents, do you feel you require more information about the school curriculum for Relationships and Sex Education?
- Are there any changes or additions that you think should be made to the RSE Policy?
- Are there any changes or additions that you think should be made to the RSE Curriculum Outline?
- Thinking about relationships and sex education in primary schools, what do you believe is the most important subject area that should be taught for different age groups/key stages and why?
- Thinking about relationships and sex education in primary schools, is there an area that you think should not be taught for different age groups/key stages and why?
- Would you like support at home, on how to speak to your child about relationship and sex issues?